1. I think cats are gross. I've honestly tried to like them. But in the end I just suspect they're just wild rats that would eat you if you held still long enough. I only had one cat I liked. A giant black tomcat we rescued from the pound. And I think I only liked him so much because he just hung out like a dog.
2. I once dated a lumberjack. No joke. It was not fun.
3. I met my husband in a cowboy bar. I was dressed like a punk at the time and played every Billy Idol song on the jukebox (the only non-country music they had, oddly). He asked me to marry him. I said no. Then he bought me a drink.
4. I was a classical singer in high school. Stop laughing, it's true! I sang traditional and classical music in competitions. I even went to state for a German song once. I was also locally famous (it was a really small town) for singing solos in school concerts.
5. I was studying forensic anthropology until writing took over. I was hurtling toward finishing my degree when I wrote Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. My husband read it and gently suggested I take some time off of school to write more books. I've never regretted it.
6. I was on the Dean's List. Every term. Weird, right? Most people assume I'm not too bright. They're probably right, but I'm great with the books! Also, my literature professor asked me to write a memoir about my life. I eventually declined in favor of fantastical fiction.
7. I worship Neil Gaiman. Everything he does is gold, in my eyes. I once met him at a signing in Helena, Montana and almost peed myself. I was shaking and could hardly speak. It was embarrassing. I do not, however, enjoy his wife. She annoys the hell out of me.
8. I was a teenage bride. I got married when I was nineteen. It lasted for a year. It was a disaster on a nuclear scale.
9. I'm obsessed with Gnosticism. I've read pretty much every book and forgotten scroll on the subject. I also love religious history of every sort. I collect Celtic crosses.
10. My favorite food is Sushi. I adore Thai iced teas. I drink coffee like water. I would eat cookies for three meals a day if I wasn't terrified of getting Diabetes. And I have to restrain myself from buying Lucky Charms cereal. I've also tried to become a vegetarian multiple times, but always fall off the wagon the moment someone wafts a steak under my nose.
Well those are all the boring things I can think of right now. Hope I didn't put you to sleep. I'm going back to Crazytown now.